- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-052
- Project: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-May-31
- Security risk: 15/25 ( Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Proof/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Multiple vulnerabilities
The LDAP module does not sanitize user input correctly in several cases, allowing a user to modify parameters without restriction and inject data.
If the site administrator chooses to hide the email or password from the user form (instead of showing or disabling it under "Authorization"), these values can be overwritten.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- LDAP 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the LDAP module for Drupal 7.x-2.x, upgrade to LDAP-7.x-2.2
Also see the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) project page.
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity