- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-051
- Project: Site verification (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-May-24
- Security risk: 14/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Proof/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Multiple vulnerabilities
The Site Verify module enables privilege users to verify a site with services like Google Webmaster Tools using meta tags or file uploads.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize input or restrict uploads.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer site verify".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Site Verify 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Site verification module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Site Verify module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Site Verify 7.1-1.2
Also see the Site verification project page.
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity