- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-049
- Project: Display Suite (third-party module)
- Version: 8.x
- Date: 2017-May-17
- Security risk: 13/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Display Suite allows you to take full control over how your content is displayed using a drag and drop interface.
In certain situations, Display Suite does not properly sanitize some of the output, allowing a malicious user to embed scripts within a page, resulting in a Cross-site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
- Display Suite 8.x-2.x versions prior to 8.x-2.7.
- Display Suite 8.x-3.x versions prior to 8.x-3.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Display Suite module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Display Suite module for Drupal 8.x-2.x, upgrade to Display Suite 8.x-2.7
- If you use the Display Suite module for Drupal 8.x-3.x, upgrade to Display Suite 8.x-3.0
Also see the Display Suite project page.
- Bram Goffings the module maintainer
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity