- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-045
- Project: Webform Multiple File Upload (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-May-10
- Security risk: 10/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:None/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to upload multiple files at once in a webform.
The module doesn't sufficiently check access to file deletion urls.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to edit all or their own webform submissions.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- webform_multifile 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.6.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Webform Multiple File Upload module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Webform Multiple File Upload module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Webform Multiple File Upload 7.x-1.6
Also see the Webform Multiple File Upload project page.
- Ben Dougherty of the Drupal Security Team
- Jelle Sebreghts the module maintainer
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity