- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-074
- Project: Flag clear (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-September-13
- Security risk: 14/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:None/A:None/CI:None/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
The Flag clear module allows administrators to remove user flags for content. This functionality is often useful in user-submission use-cases, where users do not necessarily need to unflag things on their own.
The module doesn't sufficiently confirm a user's intent to take unflagging actions.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- All Flag clear module versions prior to 7.x-1.10.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Flag clear module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Flag clear module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Flag clear 7.x-1.10
Also see the Flag clear project page.
- Neil Drumm of the Drupal Security Team
- Zak Huber the module maintainer
- Peter Wolanin of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity
Drupal version: Drupal 7.x